Epson l220 driver complementary Printer EcoTank Epson L220 – L Series | Epson Drivers & Downloads. Have you ever been connected between a printer and a computer but were completely illegible? Why is that? Because of printers (hardware). Require additional programs or more commonly called drivers so that they can be connected to each other.
You might also need: Driver Epson L220
This Epson L220 Driver is provided free of charge on a CD / DVD in the printer box for those of you who bought a Printer. But for those of you who do printer sharing. Borrow, or just want to print. You can have this EPSON printer driver from the official site of the Epson Printer.
How do I install EcoTank Epson L220 drivers on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
How to get and install it on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (amd64 architecture)? You have to install the driver for the EPSON printer. This can be found on the Epson website. Please visit:
- Look for an Epson Linux Printer or Linux Driver Support.
- View for Epson L220 printers.
- Click the download link available.
- Agree on the accept link at the bottom of the page to say you agree to the terms.
- Click the download button for your distro. You need a file that ends with amd64.deb.
- Make sure you do this for all the files available in step 3 above.
- Install the .deb package file with your favourite package manager, e. g. GDebi or Software Center (only Ubuntu 16.04 or newer).
The steps to run it on Ubuntu are very simple
- Download the Epson-inkjet-printer-201401w-1.0.0-1lsb3.2.x86_64 file.
- Now cd to opt / epson-inkjet-printer-201401w / ppds / Epson /.
Extract your driver’s .ppd file.
- Now. Look for Printers in your start menu.
- Add driver via ppd.
As a side note. The best way to find out whether a printer is compatible is to search for OpenPrinting.org. I found an Epson L220 printer there and saw that it was compatible. I then searched for the recommended driver on Google that directed me to the Epson Linux Driver website.